|Position:||Independent Expert Staff VII/2|
|Academic Title:||PhD, B. Sc. Civ.Eng.|
|Sector:||Sector for Fresh Waters|
|Service:||Service for Sustainable Water Infrastructure|
|T:||+386 (0)1 4775 367|
1. Graduated in 2001 from the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, study of hydraulic engineering.
2. Earned his master’s degree in 2007 from the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering.
3. Enrolled in the Built Environment doctoral study programme in 2011; his bibliography is available under the researcher code 27766.
4. Professional certification exam in administrative procedure and state administration, professional certification exam in civil engineering (investment management field), appointed to the title of Senior Lecturer, member of the Water Management Society of Slovenia.
5. Work Experience: Slovenian Environment Agency (2001–2003), Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning – European Affairs and Investments Directorate – Investment Preparation and Management Division (2003–2005) and the Environment Directorate – Water Division (2005–2009), University of Ljubljana – Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering – Chair of Fluid Mechanics (2009–2013) and the Institute for Water of the Republic of Slovenia (2014–).
6. I gained knowledge, proficiency and work experience in the following fields: hydraulic modelling of pressure systems and open watercourses; planning and preparation of technical documentation for the regulation of protection against adverse effects of water, for hydro-electric power water use and for improving the ecological status of water; project management in the field of water management and waste water collection and treatment; management and technical work on EU projects; reviewing project documentation on the hydraulic modelling of water supplies and on planning measures for flood protection; preparation of regulations and proposed amendments to the legislation on water protection and regulation (work programmes, implementing regulations, etc.); development of methods and analyses in the coordination of environmental targets and water use objectives; participation in targeted research projects; membership in various working groups and commissions, etc.
1. Expert bases and hydraulic modelling for the planning of hydro-electric power use – Brežice HPP and Mokrice HPP (2009–2011)
2. Targeted research projects “Development and application of software for the determination of brown trout (Salmo trutta) habitat suitability and determination of measures for brown trout habitat improvement” (2011–2013) and “Elaboration of expertise for huchen habitat and population conservation in the Middle Sava River” (2014–2016)
3. Study and plan for improvement of the fish ladder at the Mariborski otok HPP by preparing the expert bases needed to produce the detailed design (2011–2013)
4. Management and technical work on the EU projects SEE HYDROPOWER, SHARE, AIM and CAMIS in terms of coordinating water use targets and the achievement of good water status (2009–2015), professional cooperation on the EU project SEE RIVER (2012–2014)
5. Expert bases for amending the HPP construction concept on the Mura River in the Water Management Plan for the river basin districts of the Danube and the Adriatic Sea (WMP II) (2015)