Climate change has different impact on individual regions and that is reason why we have to adapt to the climate changes on regional levels. The Vipava Valley has extremely favourable environmental conditions for the development of intensive agriculture, but the agricultural sector is threatened by natural disasters (droughts, floods, frost and strong winds), which are due to the impact of climate changes more frequent than in the past.
The LIFE ViVaCCAdapt project objectives are:
- Analysis of the current situation in the Vipava Valley with regard to adaptation to climate change;
- Definition of strategic actions to adapt the agricultural sector to climate changes;
- Preparation of the Strategy for adapting the agricultural sector to climate changes in the Vipava Valley;
- Reconciliation of defined objectives and strategic actions to assess the potential positive and negative impacts of the proposed measures on the environment;
- Establishment of a pilot decision support system for irrigation in order to rationalize water consumption in accordance with the requirement of the Water Framework Directive and by default in the Rural Development Programme of Slovenia;
- Evaluation of existing windbreaks efficiency and design of the demonstration centre in order to spread information about windbreaks and their benefits.
- Web site of the LIFE programme
- Web site of the LIFE Slovenia programme
- Web site of the BeWater project
Project acronym: LIFE ViVaCCAdapt
Project reference: LIFE15 CCA/SI/000070
Project duration: 1.7.2016 – 30.6.2021
Web site: http://www.life-vivaccadapt.si/
Total project budget: 869.028,00 EUR
EU financial contribution: 520.516,00 EUR (60 %)
Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning (Co-financer): 173.506,00 EUR (20 %)
OSTALE DOMAČE REFERENCE
Climate change has different impact on individual regions and that is reason why we have to adapt to the climate changes on regional levels.
The project “Adriatic+: sharing marine and coastal cross management experiences in the Adriatic basin”, funded under the IPA Adriatic CBC Programme 2007-2013 – Targeted call on EUSAIR, refers to Priority: 2 - Natural and Cultural Resources and Risk Prevention – Measure 2.1 Protection and enhancement of the marine and coastal...
The adoption of the Natura 2000 Management Programme for the 2014–2020 financial period by the Slovenian government was the objective of the project. The programme was prepared under the project funded with the contribution of LIFE+ (a funding mechanism of the European Community). The project partners were the Institute for...