Climate change has different impact on individual regions and that is reason why we have to adapt to the climate changes on regional levels. The Vipava Valley has extremely favourable environmental conditions for the development of intensive agriculture, but the agricultural sector is threatened by natural disasters (droughts, floods, frost and strong winds), which are due to the impact of climate changes more frequent than in the past.
The LIFE ViVaCCAdapt project objectives are:
- Analysis of the current situation in the Vipava Valley with regard to adaptation to climate change;
- Definition of strategic actions to adapt the agricultural sector to climate changes;
- Preparation of the Strategy for adapting the agricultural sector to climate changes in the Vipava Valley;
- Reconciliation of defined objectives and strategic actions to assess the potential positive and negative impacts of the proposed measures on the environment;
- Establishment of a pilot decision support system for irrigation in order to rationalize water consumption in accordance with the requirement of the Water Framework Directive and by default in the Rural Development Programme of Slovenia;
- Evaluation of existing windbreaks efficiency and design of the demonstration centre in order to spread information about windbreaks and their benefits.
- Web site of the LIFE programme
- Web site of the LIFE Slovenia programme
- Web site of the BeWater project
About the project
Project acronym: LIFE ViVaCCAdapt
Project reference: LIFE15 CCA/SI/000070
Project duration: 1.7.2016 – 30.6.2021
Web site: http://www.life-vivaccadapt.si/
Total project budget
National co-financers contribution
Total IzVRS budget
EU contribution (60%)
National co-financers contribution – MESP (20%)
Own contribution – MESP (20%)
OSTALE DOMAČE REFERENCE
Expert bases for determining the priorities of the Republic of Slovenia in the field of environment and efficient use of resources and identification of the themes that are most suitable for co-financing from the LIFE program
In the framework of the project task, we prepared guidelines on the thematic priorities from the Multi-annual LIFE work program for the period 2014–2017 in the priority area Environment and efficient use of resources, and Environmental management and information for Lot 1: water, including the marine environment. The thematic priorities...
Remote sensing of large river hydromorphological characteristics and impact assessment on biotic communities
The project’s aim is to identify and compare impacts of different stressors (hydromorphological alterations, pollution, land use), acting on different spatial scales (reach, segment, catchment), on benthic macroinvertebrate and fish communities in Slovenian large rivers, as well as to analyse the comparability between field survey and remote sensing based hydromorphological...
Monitoring of the river ecosystem on water licence area on the river Soča
In this project our task is to monitor the impact of hydropower plant operation on river Soča ecological status/potential, specifically on biological quality elements, hydrological, and physico-chemical quality elements according to the current legislation.