IWRS participates in the CRP project “Our food, countryside and natural resources in 2022”.
|Position:||Assistant with doctorate|
|Academic Title:||Assistant with doctorate (Environment protection)|
|Education:||B.Sc. Biology, B.Sc. Biology Teaching, PhD|
|Sector:||Sector for Fresh Waters|
|T:||+386 (0)1 4775 337|
Field of work:
Water management, ecology of river ecosystems, ecological status/potential
- 12/2012–6/2018, Ph.D. in Biology; University of Nova Gorica, Faculty of postgraduate studies
- 10/2008–10/2009, B.Sc. Biology Teaching; University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty
- 10/2003–7/2010, B.Sc. Biology; University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty
- Since 4/2018 Institute for Water of the Republic of Slovenia
- 12/2012 – 2/2018 National Institute of Biology
- 9/2010 – 8/2012 University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty
Comparative study of ecosystem management and services in contrasting Slovenian freshwater systems (ARRS)
Other expertises and skills:
- Good command of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Basic knowledge of statistical programmes SPSS, Canoco and programme language R
- Basic knowledge on GIS servers (ESRI)
- Žagar A., Holmstrup M., Simčič T., Debeljak B., Slotsbo S. 2018. Comparing Enchytraeus albidus populations from contrasting climatic environments suggest a link between cold tolerance and metabolic activity. Comparative biochemistry and physiology: CBP. Part A, Molecular & integrative physiology, 224: 35-41, doi: 10.1016/j.cbpa.2018.05.020.
- Debeljak B., Simčič T., Ciglič R., Pflieger M., Mori N. 2018. Spatio-temporal variation in microbial respiration in the shallow hyporheic zone of pre-Alpine rivers related to catchment land use. Fundamental and applied limnology, 190 (4): 265-277, doi: 10.1127/fal/2017/0962.
- Mori N., Debeljak B., Kocman D., Simčič T. 2017. Testing the influence of sediment granulometry on heterotrophic respiration with a new laboratory flow-through system. Journal of soils and sediments: protection, risk assessment and remediation, 17(7): 1939-1947, doi: 10.1007/s11368-016-1613-0.